Can't wait to see it in person!
Okay - sorry we've been so slow to post...I know you guys are all just on the edge of your seats waiting for an update ;)
Here's the latest news:
1. We fly to Washington, D.C. on Feb. 5 (a week from Saturday!!) Dear Burglars, there will be people staying at house and they will be packin'...
2. We fly out of D.C. the next morning - straight to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia! When we land it will be 7am on Monday morning (their time)
3. We will get to meet Little Man!! we'll probably freak him out big time...after all, we've been preparing for him for OVER A YEAR (and we may be a little excited), and he doesn't even realize we're coming!
4. February 9th is our court date - please pray that all of necessary paperwork is in place so that the court date doesn't have to be rescheduled! If all goes well, we'll officially be a family of 3!
5. At some point after court, Eli transitions fully into our custody! Yay!
6. Jon's flies home on Feb. 15, Anna and Eli hang out in Ethiopia until the American Embassy finishes Eli's paperwork and issues him a visa to come home. The expected wait time is 6-8 weeks, but we're really hoping for something sooner. Anna's mom will fly over at the end of the trip, stay for about a week and fly home with them!
We appreciate your prayers. We have a lot do before we leave - especially since Anna is preparing to be gone for so long. Please keep Little Man in your prayers. Pray for continued health and safety and a smooth transition.